16 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I know this is not eterhost support forum but just in case you realised that access to their site is no longer available (since 4 days)
So because shogun happens to be the owner of the company but also a valuable member here.. I would like to ask two questions.

1.Is Eterhost going to be again online? When?
2.To my mind it seems that their servers were unpaid so they got down.. are you closing the company without prior notice to customers to take their measures?

The interesting fact is that I 've had one SSD vps that got down at 4/1/17 and one HDD vps that I could login and it got down 2 days later at 6/1/17.

I believe a clear answer/statement from Shogun (again to clarify why I write here, because it's the only place you can contact him right now) would be something.
Furthermore I believe there are hundreds of customers that are waiting a straight answer (assumming there is nothing wrong with company management..)

I do not think that eterhost has closed forever, I have a ssd vps only to compile the source hosted on eterhost and vps still continues online

Website down but VPS works. I don't know when online.. wait and wait.

@WhiteHat I did checked them despite the fact that a company must not count that its customers will look on sites like facebook to see what's happening but to have their own official website up and running so they can be informed.

20 minutes ago, dako12 said:

@WhiteHat I did checked them despite the fact that a company must not count that its customers will look on sites like facebook to see what's happening but to have their own official website up and running so they can be informed.

Well you know the reason now why their website is offline.... 

#Close_Request

Are you idiot or something?
Does it seems to you that this thread is about if their site is offline? 

And did I miss something? closerequest is requested by threadstarter or/if thread is answered.

Hi i will translate (not with google translate I will use my english knowledge) a comment from metin2 zone which was written by R1z:

"The problem was the continuous owners change from eterhost:

-First owner: Juan (Shogun) who had eterhost right.

-Second owner: Alvaro (Shogun brother) now eterhost fall down slowly but they bring service.

-Third owner: Ovidiu (he was a employee of eterhost) the orders had a 5 days of delay and the support 3 or 4... (I asked for a VPS therefore I know)

-In this point I need to say that I hope a refund yet :P because I missed 5 days to have a VPS  and not being what I expected.

Conclusion: Search an other business for VPS or if you have enough money, leave the reseller and buy in OVH."

I bring this information because you are waiting a Shogun answer, but it isn´t eterhost owner. So according with this declaration Shogun it isnt eterhost owner.

Regards.

I believe we will not get any more answers and Eterhost finally closed it's little project, despite the fact that prior notice to the customers haven't been made that makes you assume many things..

Please close this thread if you believe its' unecessary to remain open.

This is what happens when you sign up for a service someone is doing by just reselling from OVH... Its the cheap coming from the cheapest, lol.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 11th:

Dear Eterhost clients,

Most of our services should be back online now,
If your service is still offline please contact us via ticket on our webpage.

We will update you with another post a little bit later today to inform you about the situation and settle the compensations for customers which were affected by this downtime.

Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drama for nothing. Not sure if you guys are just collecting post count or pretending to be stupid. If you would follow them on social media, maybe you wouldn't be.

Here is explained why did the downtimes happen:

Spoiler

January 4th:

Dear Eterhost customers,

Some of you may have been unable to access our website or your servers today. We understand. We have since isolated and solved the problem and are now operating as business as usual. You can always feel confident that our tech staff does everything they can to make sure your experience with us follows as smoothly as possible.

The incident started yesterday around 10PM.
There was a hacking attempt from a number of Russian IPs but as you all know in the online world nothing is as it seems at first. The issue was resolved as they were not able to pass our security systems but the exploit attempt crashed a whole node in the meantime. As we value your data more than anything we were able to recover the node without a single bit of data lost but unfortunately for some of you, including our own website the downtime was long enough to matter.

As we value our customers starting from now until December 31st we will keep the current promotion of 50% off the first month active and as for the customers that were hit directly by the downtime we offer you a free of charge upgrade from your existing product to the 2017 line-up, just ask for it by opening a ticket to our support department in the billing section.

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience but as with each attack to our security and stability we become stronger this will not happen again.

Thank you for your understanding!

Eterhost

Kind Regards, Sonitex

@Sonitex I do not know if I am stupid.. but have you ever thought if you are?

The facebook post of eterhost you quoted HAVE A DATE and its is 16/12/2016 and it is about the downtime during 16 and 17 of december 2016.

The new downtime was from 4/01/2017 to 11/01/2017 so please don't try to be smart If you have no clue of what is going on.
And about "drama for nothing" I don't believe a 7 days downtime for a small company without answering customer questions is something I can tolerate....maybe I am wrong.

@.PolluX Please if it is not a trouble for you close/lock this post.

I'm using HyperFilter for a while, it costs more, it's not cheap, but works definately good.