metin2dev
Sign in to follow this  
Galet

Canva for Q&A

Hello everybody,

I don't know if it's already been suggested or treated, but I think a canva will be better for Q&A. For the poster as well as the people going to help him.

Currently, it tends to be boring to see people posting "I have a bug !" without giving any details (even if the bug is something which has been solved 40 times in the past) and then see them come back here saying "Hurr durr no one helped me #fixed" without giving any solutions. Also, the lack of courtesy is noticeable. (No hello, no thank you).

Indeed, this is easy to tell that the community is selfish or not skilled enough. But the real problem is that we can't really help someone if we didn't have any clue about the problem because only the bug is showed, without any details or logs.

I think, as for me, that the basic thing to do before publishing our subject is to do a lot of researches. There's a bunch of posts out here, even more on some specifics forums, sometimes, just searching the bug on google will help you to find how to resolve it.

My idea consist in creating a canva which will help everyone. Indeed, we did the test on a French forum and it's easier for everyone as soon as they respect the canva. What's more, if they post a request it means that they agree with some kind of rules (like Q&A rules), even though this is optionnal, it could be a plus.

Here's a canva example if anyone think it's a good idea : https://pastebin.com/GW451bxz

What do you think about it, folks ?

• Like 5

Oui! Galet for the Président! 

But still won't work. You expect Romanian to say Hello or Thank you? They are only capable of saying TY(they still don't know the meaning of it)

I APPROVE IT.

• Like 1

Don't forget to vote for me on Sunday !

I really don't know, but we can past it each time someone if creating a new subject, like a canva (I mean, if you click on "Create a new subject", all the text will be written and you only have to fill the blanks). So unless they delete the whole canva in order to write their bug (which is lame) it'll do the job, even if they're rude we will see some kind of courtesy

• Like 1

It would definitely decrease time to find out source of the problem.

That's great idea, totally agree with that.

• Like 1

I'm up for the idea, but don't expect too much from the others, cus you know every1 is just gonna ignore your post and just write "i have this bug help me pliss"

• Like 3

Sure, it could be avoided by making the canva here by default without the need of copypasting it, but it's not magical for sure

This would be the right way if metin2dev (the community) want to become professional. I really want this too. The problem is that this scene is UNABLE to become professional because of its members. Thats hard but true.

If you have an error because of (for example) changing code it should be the minimum to verify: What I did , How I did it and now i have THIS problem 

Not even that basic is given. So, it has no sence to change anything because the quality in general is ZERO (not all but in most cases) -> just look in Q&A.

I mean you can do this but then this board needs a person who close all "bullshit" threads immediately.

Edit:// General question: Why is metin2dev successfull? I think its very simple: It is/was a better place (more qualified) than epvp. And now we have the same shit with rising members and try to do it better.

• Like 2