metin2dev

Hello people, i saw that a lot of people want to start developing on Metin2, but there isn't a place where the people can easly see tutorials without surf the whole  internet.

My idea is to create a reference for anyone who want to start creating his own server, starting from the first steps into the creation of a full Metin2 Server, but also a place where advanced developers could orient into the complicated parts of this world.

The special thing about this wiki is that everyone could add or alter pages (that will be approved by moderators), so everyone could contribute to the wiki.

The wiki his hosted inside a website that i own (it would be very complicated handle this kind of project inside any forum). At the monent, the wiki is started and it's only in english. (Translation system will be added, contact me if you would like to translate)

The wiki will be completly free and without any kind of advertisement. (But altervista's limitated band could make the site unaccessible)

Link here: https://rewardmetin2.altervista.org/index.php?title=Main_Page.

Greets!

Edited by arves100
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

BUMP & UPDATE: The tutorial is finished, you will be able to fully compile a Metin2 Server. If you think i should add any other page, tell me and we can discuss ;)

On the wiki you can also find a general FAQ about fixing the common errors.

• Like 2

Many years ago, I was set on building my own Metin2 server to hang around with my small group of friends. It was a painful experience filled with shady files and notepad tutorials. I've just registered to this site because I had suddenly gotten back my interest in Metin2 servers back and this will be a fantastic resource for me.

Edit: Well I was excited and all but the wiki hasn't been updated in a while and the tutorial page is vandalised.

On 5/19/2018 at 8:03 PM, JohannesJoestar said:

Many years ago, I was set on building my own Metin2 server to hang around with my small group of friends. It was a painful experience filled with shady files and notepad tutorials. I've just registered to this site because I had suddenly gotten back my interest in Metin2 servers back and this will be a fantastic resource for me.

Edit: Well I was excited and all but the wiki hasn't been updated in a while and the tutorial page is vandalised.

Yea sorry, I'm trying to pass this year of school :P. Can you provide a link to the vandalised page?

The wiki is not dead yet, and probably untill it will be finished, I will keep it running. I was busy with school and other boring stuff (that's why there was no update). I usually posts more updates in the discord server. Thanks for all the people who are beliving in this project, it took me two days for setting the wiki up :P

• Like 2