metin2dev
Sign in to follow this  
Chyu ^^

DevIL, ILU SDK & Unicows PDB

Hi devs,
I just discovered many clients are using old versions of Unicows.dll, DevIL.dll and ILU.dll.
It's not as hard to update them and if you are deeply into a client development you appreciate those SDK or PDB.

DevIL & ILU (?)
Default client is using 16 years old version. Come clean, looks horrible, right?
These libraries are open source so you can modify them. Here you can download latest SDK.
During those 16 years of development there have been a lot of changes, here is excerpt of them.

Changes:

• DirectX 9 & 10 support
  • New bilinear scaling routine
  • Support for alpha-only formats
  • Better support for ICO, GIF and DDS format
  • Fixed minor bugs with BMP and PNG formats
  • Fixed a lot of issues about DDS format
  • A lot of bug fixes

Unicows (?)
Well, actually you can delete this library from your client and it won't have any effect on client proper working (Windows Vista and newer).
However, you have to keep this library if you want to support compatibility with Windows 95, Windows 98 and Windows Millenium Edition.
Here is available package which contains library, it's PDB and license.

Sources:

• Like 10

30 minutes ago, Kori said:

@Chyu ^^ when I implement the New files, then I need Source modifications or not?

Yes, I recommend to update your files in Extern folder.

• Like 1

Only 1 modification is neccessary in the GuildMarkUploader.cpp file in this funcition: CGuildMarkUploader::__Load:

ilCopyPixels(0, 0, 0, SGuildMark::WIDTH, SGuildMark::HEIGHT, 1, IL_BGRA, IL_BYTE, (ILvoid*)m_kMark.m_apxBuf);

The ILvoid isn't defined anymore in the il.h, so or you define it by yourself like the following way bellow or just change it to void.

typedef void           ILvoid;

• Like 2

il y a 58 minutes, alondark a dit :

is this have any visual change in game ?

No, unless you made the changes by yourself through other libraries, nothing has changed there.

La 07.05.2018 la 13:08, Chyu ^^ a spus:

Hi devs,
I just discovered many clients are using old versions of Unicows.dll, DevIL.dll and ILU.dll.
It's not as hard to update them and if you are deeply into a client development you appreciate those SDK or PDB.

DevIL & ILU (?)
Default client is using 16 years old version. Come clean, looks horrible, right?
These libraries are open source so you can modify them. Here you can download latest SDK.
During those 16 years of development there have been a lot of changes, here is excerpt of them.

Changes:

• DirectX 9 & 10 support
  • New bilinear scaling routine
  • Support for alpha-only formats
  • Better support for ICO, GIF and DDS format
  • Fixed minor bugs with BMP and PNG formats
  • Fixed a lot of issues about DDS format
  • A lot of bug fixes

Unicows (?)
Well, actually you can delete this library from your client and it won't have any effect on client proper working (Windows Vista and newer).
However, you have to keep this library if you want to support compatibility with Windows 95, Windows 98 and Windows Millenium Edition.
Here is available package which contains library, it's PDB and license.

Sources:

Why people click like to such pointless how-to ?