metin2dev
Sign in to follow this  
Lykos

Lost Items On Reboot (SOS)

Question

8 answers to this question

Did you stop your server with an sh command like: "sh stop.sh" or "sh stop" or anything like that?
If you did that, then forget this command.

Type "ps" into your putty and press enter. You will see how many game core running. then if you want to stop it, just type "killall game". Then if all game cores disappeared from the list, type "killall db". If "db" disappeared too, then your server succesfully stopped. If you stop your server that way, items will not disappear.

I hope it was useful. :wub:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, hackeresmetin@gmail.com said:

Did you stop your server with an sh command like: "sh stop.sh" or "sh stop" or anything like that?
If you did that, then forget this command.

Type "ps" into your putty and press enter. You will see how many game core running. then if you want to stop it, just type "killall game". Then if all game cores disappeared from the list, type "killall db". If "db" disappeared too, then your server succesfully stopped. If you stop your server that way, items will not disappear.

I hope it was useful. :wub:

It's better to kill every in part, or write in chat command /shutdown and wait 10 minutes.

• Like 1

Yes i understand that but what if the players lose items ? 
do you know any quest so they can talk in game with an npc and get their lost items back ?

It is, I think, because of a cache problem. Every 7 minutes the cache is applied to the database. So, technically, the best way to close a server is first to ask them to disconnect, then, use a /shutdown. Finally, close channels and auth and after roughly 7 minutes you can close the db as well and proceed to the reboot. If you suddenly reboot the whole machine (by the way rebooting the whole machine only for your server is like rebooting your computer when you want to restart your web browser) without any precautions, the cache is deleted and the items can't make their way to the database. Causing a 7 minutes rollback or / and a possible item loss.

If you want to minimize / reduce it to almost 0 risks at all just do these steps and it should get the job done :

1 - Ask players to disconnect because of the reboot.

2 - Use the command /shutdown

3 - Close all the cores and auth, leaving only the db

4 - Wait 7-10 minutes at least to be sure and close the db

5 - Restart

1 hour ago, Galet said:

It is, I think, because of a cache problem. Every 7 minutes the cache is applied to the database. So, technically, the best way to close a server is first to ask them to disconnect, then, use a /shutdown. Finally, close channels and auth and after roughly 7 minutes you can close the db as well and proceed to the reboot. If you suddenly reboot the whole machine (by the way rebooting the whole machine only for your server is like rebooting your computer when you want to restart your web browser) without any precautions, the cache is deleted and the items can't make their way to the database. Causing a 7 minutes rollback or / and a possible item loss.

If you want to minimize / reduce it to almost 0 risks at all just do these steps and it should get the job done :

1 - Ask players to disconnect because of the reboot.

2 - Use the command /shutdown

3 - Close all the cores and auth, leaving only the db

4 - Wait 7-10 minutes at least to be sure and close the db

5 - Restart

You don't need to ask them to logout, shutdown does this. Never lost items on my server.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know, you can skip this part for sure but I just prefer to ask them. Old habit I got in 2009 where (at least in France) we used to warn players about the reboot then proceed to shutdown the server. Habits die hard haha

follow this step to prevent item and development loss.

killall -15 game db

saves it in the pre-memory database and closes it.

I always use it in this way and you can see the end result.

this process then verifies the reliability of the process in your syslog file.

May 22 21:43:22 :: MainLoop exited, Starting cache flushing
May 22 21:43:22 :: AsyncSQL: closing mysql connection.

:wub:

20 hours ago, Dobrescu Sebastian said:

It's better to kill every in part, or write in chat command /shutdown and wait 10 minutes.

I thought it is clear to type /shutdown ingame first :D
I always use this way, and I've never lost any items. I think no need to wait some minutes to close db. I've never wait 7-10 minutes after game core closed successfully.
I always close db core after all game core down and  I've never had a problem like that :D

Sorry if my english  is bad. :D

20 hours ago, Lykos said:

Yes i understand that but what if the players lose items ? 
do you know any quest so they can talk in game with an npc and get their lost items back ?

I think the quest you asked doesn't exist. The game can't give back that item which doesn't exist in your database. If the game didn't save items to the database, the player cannot get them back.