metin2dev
charparodar

open Sura Manashield Bug

Question

Hello,

I'm testing the damages on my server and we realized that magic sura using it's protection gets much more damage than he takes without it...

My skill proto row

INSERT INTO `skill_proto`(`dwVnum`, `szName`, `bType`, `bLevelStep`, `bMaxLevel`, `bLevelLimit`, `szPointOn`, `szPointPoly`, `szSPCostPoly`, `szDurationPoly`, `szDurationSPCostPoly`, `szCooldownPoly`, `szMasterBonusPoly`, `szAttackGradePoly`, `setFlag`, `setAffectFlag`, `szPointOn2`, `szPointPoly2`, `szDurationPoly2`, `setAffectFlag2`, `szPointOn3`, `szPointPoly3`, `szDurationPoly3`, `szGrandMasterAddSPCostPoly`, `prerequisiteSkillVnum`, `prerequisiteSkillLevel`, `eSkillType`, `iMaxHit`, `szSplashAroundDamageAdjustPoly`, `dwTargetRange`, `dwSplashRange`) VALUES (79, 0xC8E6BDC5BCF6C8A3, 3, 1, 1, 0, 'DEF_GRADE', '(0.5*iq+15)*k', '20+30*k', '60+120*k', '5+10*k', '63+120*k', '(0.5*iq+15)*k', '', 'SELFONLY,TOGGLE', 'MANASHIELD', 'MANASHIELD', '100-((iq*0.84)*k)', '60+120*k', '', '', '', '', '20+30*k', 0, 0, 'MAGIC', 1, '0.8', 0, 0);

My char_battle.cpp

// POINT_MANASHIELD �� �۾������� ����
			int iDamageSPPart = (dam * GetPoint(POINT_MANASHIELD)) / 100;
			int iDamageToSP = iDamageSPPart * 0.2f;
			int iSP = GetSP();

// SP�� ������ ������ ������ ���� ����
			if (iDamageToSP <= iSP)
			{
				PointChange(POINT_SP, -iDamageToSP);
				dam -= iDamageSPPart;
			}
			else
			{
				// ���ŷ��� ���ڶ��� �ǰ� �� �←���ҋ�
				PointChange(POINT_SP, -GetSP());
				dam -= (iSP / 20) * 100;
			}

Does anyone know what is wrong?

14 answers to this question

3 hours ago, charparodar said:

BUMP

You changed the formula didn't you? It's different from usual. What were you trying to do? I can write it for you.

1 minute ago, Syreldar said:

You changed the formula didn't you? It's different from usual. What were you trying to do? I can write it for you.

I didn't touch the formula actually, and I even compared the formula with another serverfiles and it was the same...

I've touched every other skill that does damage, like warrior aura, triple attack, etc, didn't touch defensive skills

if (IsAffectFlag(AFF_MANASHIELD))
	{
		// POINT_MANASHIELD ´Â ÀÛ¾ÆÁú¼ö·Ï ÁÁ´Ù
		int iDamageSPPart = dam / 3;
		int iDamageToSP = iDamageSPPart * GetPoint(POINT_MANASHIELD) / 100;
		int iSP = GetSP();

// SP°¡ ÀÖÀ¸¸é ¹«Á¶°Ç µ¥¹ÌÁö Àý¹Ý °¨¼Ò
		if (iDamageToSP <= iSP)
		{
			dam -= iDamageSPPart;
		}
		else
		{
			// Á¤½Å·ÂÀÌ ¸ðÀÚ¶ó¼­ ÇÇ°¡ ´õ ±ï¿©¾ßÇÒ‹š
			PointChange(POINT_SP, -GetSP());
			dam -= iSP * 100 / MAX(GetPoint(POINT_MANASHIELD), 1);
		}
	}

This is the real formula.

Ah that formula, yes I changed it. I'm using the one from vanilla's source, but I tried both original and the one from vanilla, even thought the results were different, it wasn't what it was supposed to do...

1 minute ago, charparodar said:

Ah that formula, yes I changed it. I'm using the one from vanilla's source, but I tried both original and the one from vanilla, even thought the results were different, it wasn't what it was supposed to do...

What do you mean?

Just now, Syreldar said:

What do you mean?

I tested with the original source formula and the one from vanilla that can be activated and deactivated with a config option.

The one from vanilla is letting the sura getting much more damage. An example, yesterday me and my friends tested, while I was without the manashield I got 800 of damage (hit), when I used the manashield I started getting 3000 (hit) (it was neither critic or penetration)

With the original formula I can't remember exactly what was the difference, but it wasn't doing what was supposed to as well...

8 hours ago, WeedHex said:

Show us you manashield formula 

INSERT INTO `player`.`skill_proto`(`dwVnum`, `szName`, `bType`, `bLevelStep`, `bMaxLevel`, `bLevelLimit`, `szPointOn`, `szPointPoly`, `szSPCostPoly`, `szDurationPoly`, `szDurationSPCostPoly`, `szCooldownPoly`, `szMasterBonusPoly`, `szAttackGradePoly`, `setFlag`, `setAffectFlag`, `szPointOn2`, `szPointPoly2`, `szDurationPoly2`, `setAffectFlag2`, `szPointOn3`, `szPointPoly3`, `szDurationPoly3`, `szGrandMasterAddSPCostPoly`, `prerequisiteSkillVnum`, `prerequisiteSkillLevel`, `eSkillType`, `iMaxHit`, `szSplashAroundDamageAdjustPoly`, `dwTargetRange`, `dwSplashRange`) VALUES (79, 0xC8E6BDC5BCF6C8A3, 3, 1, 1, 0, 'DEF_GRADE', '(0.5*iq+15)*k', '20+30*k', '60+120*k', '5+10*k', '63+120*k', '(0.5*iq+15)*k', '', 'SELFONLY,TOGGLE', 'MANASHIELD', 'MANASHIELD', '100-((iq*0.84)*k)', '60+120*k', '', '', '', '', '20+30*k', 0, 0, 'MAGIC', 1, '0.8', 0, 0);

On source I'm using the one, also tried the one from vanilla source but didn't work:

if(!bugfix_sura_manashield)
		{
			// POINT_MANASHIELD ´Â ÀÛ¾ÆÁú¼ö·Ï ÁÁ´Ù
			int iDamageSPPart = dam / 3;
			int iDamageToSP = iDamageSPPart * GetPoint(POINT_MANASHIELD) / 100;
			int iSP = GetSP();

// SP°¡ ÀÖÀ¸¸é ¹«Á¶°Ç µ¥¹ÌÁö Àý¹Ý °¨¼Ò
			if (iDamageToSP <= iSP)
			{
				dam -= iDamageSPPart;
			}