metin2dev

Question

My source code files are encoded in UTF-8 (no BOM), so as my locale_string.txt. In the game tho, locale_string does not show special characters as it should, instead shows Korean and other nonsense. Is there a script or something that can convert all the files into Windows-1253 encoding without braking the strings with unknown characters, or any way to make it work in UTF-8?

Anything will do, just help me fix this problem, thank you.

2 answers to this question

On 1/13/2019 at 9:36 AM, Mind Rapist said:

My source code files are encoded in UTF-8 (no BOM), so as my locale_string.txt. In the game tho, locale_string does not show special characters as it should, instead shows Korean and other nonsense. Is there a script or something that can convert all the files into Windows-1253 encoding without braking the strings with unknown characters, or any way to make it work in UTF-8?

Anything will do, just help me fix this problem, thank you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C++11#New_string_literals

Enjoy converting the source, Metin2 doesn't support UTF-8.

NOTE: You can use iconv or notepad++ to convert, but don't except the strings to be loaded as korean characters (16bit = 1 character)

• Like 1

Thanks, but I guess the problem was fixed after changing the encoding in the locale_string.txt... Again... It's kinda like trying to plug-in a USB I guess...